The Council of The King’s School
Invites Suitably Qualified School Leaders
to apply for
Head of Tudor House
Tudor House is a Preparatory Campus of The King’s School located on over one hundred acres of farm and forested land at Moss Vale in the southern highlands of New South Wales. The school currently offers a Pre-kinder to Year 6 education for boys with an emphasis on adventure and discovery learning in a rural setting.
From the beginning of 2017 Tudor House will enrol female students in the Pre-kinder classes and then progressively through the school in the succeeding years. The School Council believes that the Tudor House approach to holistic education encompassing adventure and discovery learning which has served young boys well for generations is just as attractive and beneficial to girls.
The school will retain its focus as one of the few boarding schools for primary aged students in Australia with a new emphasis on the provision of casual and weekly boarding options for parents. Academically, it is the intention of the school to apply for candidature to offer the Primary Years Programme (PYP) of the International Baccalaureate in line with the Preparatory School at King’s Parramatta Campus.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a committed Christian man or woman, who is an active member of a worshipping Protestant church congregation;
- Demonstrate inspirational and transformative leadership within an education enterprise;
- Have a clearly articulated educational philosophy appropriate to The King’s School and the future direction of Tudor House;
- Have a genuine interest and/or experience in the educational philosophy of the International Baccalaureate;
- Demonstrate successful leadership of teaching and learning and the attainment of high academic standards in a primary school environment;
- Demonstrate a vision strategic for growth and the marketing of Tudor House as the school of choice in the southern highlands of NSW;
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective and appropriate governance practice in a Christian Independent school including accountability to the Headmaster of The King’s School and the School Council, and,
- Demonstrate appropriate business and financial acumen in executing the policies of The King’s School.